- Problems during installation – installation was not successful
- The system reports “Data overflow…” or similar message
- Displaying of list of ancestors and successors lasts for a long time
- Problems with *.dbf tables created in Excel
- After changing of the MP table most of variables are not valid
- What table fits to use quick searching?
- How to change easily location of parametric tables?
- It is not possible to open output tables in Excel
- How is it possible to transfer project to another user?
- Is it possible to use local variables in calculation code?
- Is there any tool to debug the project?
- Are there any limitations in the size of the output tables?
- Are there any limits of project size?
|Q :||Problems during installation – installation was not successful|
|A :||Possible reasons and their solutions:
The name of the target directory must not contain spaces. Select different directory. For installation it is necessary to be logged-in as administrator. After installation it is required to have rights to write into target directory (where is the file Sophas.exe) and its subdirectories.
|Q :||The system reports “Data overflow…” or similar message|
|A :||Possible reasons and their solutions:
The file AfterCal stored in the computer memory is too large. The solution is to set continuous saving of output data in part « Tools – Setup » (e.g. after 1000 records). There is too many different MP_CODE (in part « Configuration » – “Calculations from input data”). It causes there is not enough memory for the file Calculat.
Decrease number of different MP_CODE or select “Direct data saving to disk file” in part « Run setting ».
|Q :||Displaying of list of ancestors and successors lasts for a long time|
|A :||It is possible to decrease “limit of managed variables links” in part « Tools – Setup ».|
|Q :||Problems with *.dbf tables created in Excel|
|A :||1. The variable is not possible to use after opening table in Sophas
- integer variable has too wide column in Excel. For a correct conversion of integer variables it is the maximal width of 9.
- two variables in table have the same name. It is used first 10 characters for the conversion to *.dbf, small and capital letters are not differed.
- there are some not allowed symbols in the variable name. It is allowed to use small and capital letters without diacritic marks, numbers and symbol underline.
2. The real variable has integer type or integer variable has character type after opening table in Sophas.
The type of variable (when transferring from Excel to *.dbf) is set according to the first line with values, for real variable it is necessary to add decimal places. When the field in first line is empty, the variable is expected to be character.
3. Added new lines or columns were not saved
When editing *.dbf table in Excel it is necessary to change the range of section “Database”, because only this section is saved into *.dbf table.
|Q :||After changing of the MP table most of variables are not valid|
|A :||After changing of the MP table it is necessary to check codes ( the fastest check is by pressing Code check together with Ctrl ), because for system it is a new table. The system reads the table and checks links between variables.|
|Q :||What table fits to use quick searching?|
|A :||For quick searching it is required that indexes increase with constant value (any, not only 1) and have always the same range. The table does not have to be sorted according to indexes, the system sorts it during checking.|
|Q :||How to change easily location of parametric tables?|
|A :||It is not necessary to open each variable separately, it is possible to select variables, where the location shall be changed, in popup menu under right mouse button choose “Tables path” and select new location.|
|Q :||It is not possible to open output tables in Excel|
|A :||To open output tables in Excel it is necessary to mark option “Output files saved in dBase format” in part « Run setting », else the tables are encrypted. Already created output tables are possible to export into Excel (or another data format) in part « View results ».|
|Q :||How is it possible to transfer project to another user?|
|A :||There has been added new modules for export and import (part « Action ») in Sophas version 2.0. In the export, the system packs all used tables and data file into one file, from which it unpacks them into particular structures. It is possible to transfer another files with exported project. In older versions of Sophas it is necessary to transfer all parametric tables, tables with modelpoints and file MainData.dta and copy them into newly created project.|
|Q :||Is it possible to use local variables in calculation code?|
|A :||Yes, it is. Local variables are specified with a keyword
|Q :||Is there any tool to debug the project?|
|A :||To debug the calculation a command
Its syntax is:
|Q :||Are there any limitations in the size of the output tables?|
|A :||The maximal number of colums in one output table is 255 (e.g. it is the
maximal number of variables marked to be saved in the part Calculator and same limit is valid for part After calculator calculation). The maximal size of one table row is 4096 bytes (size is calculated as sum of all table row fields sizes). The maximal size of one output table is 2 GB.
|Q :||Are there any limits of project size?|
|A :||The limits are on side of used instruments and data types (selected to be
optimal, mainly the fastest, on medium sized projects). The system was tested on project with 1200 variables (500 of them in the part Calculator). It works with larger projects too, but it may not be optimal.